Saturday, April 19, 2014

Expecting to Dye

Last weekend as I read the Sunday paper I took note (with perhaps a little too much glee) that Target had eggs on sale for 99 cents a dozen.  99 cents!  I couldn't resist the bargain, and when I commented to the woman checking me out how cheap they were, her response surprised me:

"It's for Easter!"

Guess I should have expected it.  What major retailer wouldn't want to take advantage of all that dyeing?  

The truth is, there's a lot of dying going on.  So much so, that most of us hardly even take notice.  That is until it hits close to home--someone we love--maybe even us.

It's springtime again--that crazy wonderful season when religious people of all stripes and spots make some fairly outrageous claims--of release from bondage--of light overcoming darkness--of blooming flowers and empty tombs and fear transformed into joy.  It's the time of year when we celebrate the hoped-for and the unexpected: when all that dying suddenly changes color...and there is life.

Joy and peace to all!

Steve

Thanks for reading!  You can read previous posts to this blog at www.realacorns.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment