Friday, March 28, 2014

Spent

Recently I spent some time angry with someone.  Oh, if you were to ask me the particulars of it now, I'm not even sure I could tell you.  But at the time it all seemed righteous and justified.  Doesn't it always?

My anger involved a lot of stewing and steaming.  It usually does.  But in the end I can't say it amounted to much more than wasted time: time in which I didn't notice the sunset, or catch the gentle spring breeze, or smell the roses, or spend a single, memorable moment with someone I love.

Justified or not, righteous or not, I let that anger go on and it wound up stealing a piece of my life away--a part of me that is gone forever.  

Oh, I'm pretty sure that one day my anger will come back.  It usually does.  Something will happen, or someone will say something and I'll be back in a stew.

But I'm hoping that next time I don't forget the roses.

"Don't let the sun set on your anger."

No comments:

Post a Comment