Friday, March 14, 2014

Numero Uno

It's difficult, isn't it?  We get mixed messages, and so it's hard to know....

On the one hand, we are consumers.  And so at least according to what I've always heard, "the customer is always right."  That means I'm entitled to good service, to a friendly "hello" and respectful treatment.  Just like everyone else with money to spend, I deserve to be treated with dignity.  If not, well then, I'll spend my money elsewhere!

On the other hand, I wonder.  If it's only those with money to spend who deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, that leaves out a growing number of people.  And I wonder what transformation might take place if those with no money were actually treated with dignity and respect, regardless of whether or not I think they deserve it.

On the one hand, it's all about the power of the consumer...and more power to us!  On the other hand, shouldn't it have something to do with what Jesus and the prophets called "loving our neighbor?"

I guess, in the end, it has to do with who we are listening to, and where our own hearts happen to be.

"For where your heart is, there your treasure will be too."

Have a terrific weekend!  If you like what you're reading, consider sharing it with others!  Connect them to Acorns via www.realacorns.blogspot.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment