Sunday, January 12, 2014

Blooming Dirty Laundry


Not long ago our washing machine started to make a funny noise.

My reaction?

I started shopping for a new washing machine.  I worried about how much it would cost, and how we would get it delivered, and whether it would fit in the same spot, and how the hookup would work, and, and, and....

Yesterday I did the laundry.  I loaded up the machine, added a little bit of environmentally safe detergent (that's a plug!) and went about my business.  After a while I unloaded the clean clothes...and then I remembered.

But did the machine make that noise?  Honestly, I don't know.  I'd forgotten all about it.  And apparently those clean clothes don't really care.

It reminded me of something I've heard more than a time or two--something about borrowing trouble.  So this week I'll try a little harder, and spend my energy on something more productive than worry.

Here's to new beginnings!

"And why do you worry about clothes?  
See how the flowers of the field grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment