Friday, January 2, 2015

It's (not!) All In My Head


Not long ago I found myself challenged by some circumstances at work.  As I shared what was going on with a friend, I was (wisely!) reminded that there are many things that are out of my control.

"Steve," he said, "just remember, it's not all in your head."

It was good to be reminded that some things happen in due time and at the will of powers beyond my control.  There are limits to my reach.

There are also limits to that philosophy. Some things ARE within my reach and under my control.... things like my attitude and how I react to the situation at hand.

The trick?  It's in knowing myself and knowing the difference.

And maybe that's a good way to start off a new year--with a heightened sense of awareness:  what can I change, and how can I change?

So here's to a new year:

The serenity to accept the things we cannot change...
The courage to change the things we can...
The wisdom to know the difference...

Wishing you a joyful 2015!  If you enjoy reading, feel free to share, and encourage your friends to follow at www.realacorns.blogspot.com.  Thanks!

(c) 2015, Stephen Fiechter



No comments:

Post a Comment